Thursday, June 24, 2004

Time To Switch Browsers

In my OS X review a couple of posts below, I go over Apple's reasons to 'switch' from PCs to Macs. Now I give you an argument for another type of change.

Yet another Internet Explorer Vulnerability has been exploited, meaning more spam and other malware to come.

For a while now, I've been using Firefox, a Mozilla-based web browser. It's an alternative to Internet Explorer. While it's not 'pain-free' - it has a few bugs and some other quirks. (But then again, IE doesn't?), it's quite nice. Tabbed browsing is the way to go, and not having to worry about spyware being installed on your computer without you knowing is a big plus.

Especially this new spyware with its keylogger. Yes, all of your keystrokes get sent to someone out there in cyberspace.

Comforting, ain't it?

(I'd also suggest switching e-mail clients from Outlook Express to Thunderbird, also built by the Mozilla team)


UPDATE: There are more comments than listed below. I answered one, and its only showing one comment. Maybe it will fix itself later.

No comments:

Post a Comment