Thursday, January 09, 2003

Get Your Money Now!!!!

Another Public Service Announcement from the Porkchop Express. Only this is 100% absolutely real.

The Record Industry has settled a class-action lawsuit in which they agree to pay people who have bought Music CD's from a retailer between the years of 1995 to 2000 an amount of money between $5 and $20, depending on how many persons file claims. The lawsuit was brought against them for collusion in price fixing.

Go to the Settlement Website to file your claim. I did. You should too. If more than 8.8 million people file claims, the total amount to each person will drop below $5 each, and therefore it would be too expensive to send individual checks and the money will go to charity.

If you tell anyone about this and you read it first here, please just send them a permalink to my blog (click on the little '+' sign below). I want to see how much traffic I get out of this one. Why? Because I sent this out in a few e-mails as well, and I want to see how long it takes for the e-mails to spread. Only way to track them would either be through an HTML 'bug' or through this website. Rather have people know I'm tracking them. I usually figure it takes 2-3 days for an e-mail to reach 'critical-mass', of being forwarded all over the place - since people can never resist 'free money', even if it is only $5...

No comments:

Post a Comment