Thursday, April 25, 2002

So...everyone else is doing it, I might as well be a lemming and join right in. Is that the cliff up ahead? Great. LET'S GO!

This is all his fault. One night at a LAN party, where I am playing my usual role as network engineer, James tells me about his blog. Blog? What the hell is a blog? I thought he was mis-speaking. I had never heard of these things, yet I see they are quite popular. Who knows how many people read it, but hey, its your dime.

So I start checking it now and then, and follow the links to other 'bloggers', and lo and behold, we're in the late 80's all over again. BBS-time, only on a much grander scale. Actually, they're just like forums, only you don't have to let other people post. I suppose it keeps the signal to noise ratio down, though most would call the blogs 100% noise.

I suppose I could go on for a while, but there's really no point. I wonder if I will remember if this is even here next week. Tune in to find out - though if you have to wait a week, you probably won't.

Come visit me over at ChaosTheory for some old time Forum 'crap-ola'.

No comments:

Post a Comment